This post was inspired by MY heterosexual life partner, Tara Thompson. Yes, she has been one of my best friends for over 15 years, but this isn’t about being best friends. It’s more like a… no one would be surprised if we came out as lesbians sort of thing. We can’t be the only ones who have this type of friendship?! If you can relate to any of these signs, then you too may have found your HSLP.
It’s good to have someone in this crazy life… ❤
1. You have plans to hang out for the night and you end up talking on the phone for 2 hours before you meet up.
2. You both live in the same city away from home, and when you go home to visit… you hang out together.
3. You go to parties and sit alone in the corner talking. And have the best time.
4. Similarly, you go to huge camping bush parties and go off to hang out and laugh together alone. And have the best time.
5. There are photos and stories about the two of you that could probably ruin your lives. If you were teachers or something.
6. You can’t count the times you’ve snuck beer into hockey games, concerts, movie theatres, festivals, etc. to avoid paying.
7. You can’t count how many [metal and punk] concerts you’ve been to together.
8. You will always go see each other’s favourite band, no questions asked.
9. You think it’s substantially more hilarious to see each other fall than to see anyone else fall.
10. You don’t even have to speak coherent sentences to understand each other.
11. When you’re given 2 of anything, you really only use one. This goes for queen beds, menus, chairs, etc. Anything that gives you a reason to be closer.
12. People think you’re gay. And you think you could do a whole lot worse.
I love you, TNT!